Thursday 4 September 2014

Weekly Feature - Oswestry Football Predictions

It seems as I am writing a lot of posts about Oswestry Football at the moment and putting my views across.
As everyone knows I have strong views, positive and negative about what goes on in the local football scene.
So I thought on a weekly basis I would begin to give my spin on the results, a prediction post, and a review post.
So here is the first prediction post with a host of Oswestry teams in action this weekend!

GAP Connah's Quay vs The New Saints

GAP have been lacklustre after signing a host of new players, as they do.
The Saints have had their usual good start, but they are yet to fire into top gear yet.
Only one winner.
Prediction: 1-4

Ellesmere Rangers vs Stone Old Alleynians

Under Dan Stevens and with a host of young talent, the meresiders are buoyed and currently sit 3rd in the West Midland Regional League table.
They have had a great start with some thumping wins, as they have the likes of ex Shrewsbury men Carpenter and Ryan.
Also ex Shrews and Everton man Mason Springthorpe has made the step down after his release and he could be key to them this season.
Prediction: 3-1

St Martins P-P Worcester Raiders

Berriew vs Llansanffraid

Average start by Ray Jones side, with a difficult start against Welshpool.
They face a Berriew side that have also struggled for their standards after a good season last time.
Ffraid will be looking for a kick start but I can see a stalemate in this one.
Prediction: 2-2

Bow Street vs Four Crosses

In my memory Crosses always seem to be quick starters.
Fifth in the table at the moment has seen them off to a flyer, and I think they will be on top again this weekend.
Looked good in pre-season with the likes of Richards and Gerrard, and they will be key this weekend.
Prediction: 1-3

Guilsfield vs Denbigh Town

The Guils have impressed me in pre-season and their Alliance start.
Added to the squad well under Mike Parry with Richards, Davies and Jones coming in.
However Terry Ingram and Dave Taylor have gone into Denbigh with what I am guessing is a big budget.
Tough one to call, but an away win I think. Sorry lads.
 Prediction: Guilsfield 1-2 Denbigh Town

Llansanffriad Village Reserves vs Morda United

Historic day. Morda first team are back in the Welsh system, and I think they will enjoy opening day success.
Col Turner has got them well drilled now, and with good quality running through the team.
Ffraid struggled last time, and I think it will be a yellow win this weekend.
Prediction: Llansanffraid Village Reserves 1-2 Morda

Ketley Bank Utd vs FC Oswestry Town

Town seem to be struggling in the top division so far but I am sure they will be fine with the talent on show they have.
However I made my Morda debut at Ketley, and it is a tough place to go. Not because they are good, but because the pitch in the middle of a housing estate is small, terrible, and they are an tough bunch.
Another tough day for the town.
Prediction: Ketley 3-1 Town

St Martins Village vs Stoke Heath Prison

Gobowen struggled their last week, and to be honest I haven't seen a lot of either side.
However St Martins have looked good so far in terms of results.
Prediction: St Martins Village 1-1 Stoke Heath Prison

Gobowen Celtic vs Shifnal Harriers

Don't know anything about Shifnal apart from they are in the top three.
But to me Celtic have one of the best squads in that division, and they could have a good chance of winning it.
Had a tough start but I think they will continue to grow.
Prediction: Celtic 1-0 Harriers

No comments:

Post a Comment