Thursday 12 June 2014

Sherwood will bring a good old 'man up' atmosphere to The Hawthorns

IN BOTH amateur and professional football I hate the attitude that all these footballers don't like a good old fashioned telling off.
These guys are getting £50,000 a week and they are scared of telling offs and rollickings. It is a complete joke, even amateur players act like a child when they get a telling off from managers, and it is shameful.
When I used to play as a youngster I remember my Dad always coming to watch me, and he used to shout his head off at me from the touchline.
We exchanged some harsh words from pitch to touchline, however when he praised me and wasn't shouting, I knew I had done a good job, I knew I had earned that praise.
And if I had a telling off in the future if I was playing for him, I knew I deserved it and it would inspire me to be a better player next time.
When Tim Sherwood came out and lambasted his Spurs players after they went down 4-0 at Chelsea it was refreshing, as John Wile has said in today's Birmingham Mail.
It brings a different style of management, and the majority might think it is not right, but I think it is exactly what Albion need.
Yes Sherwood is a little bit of a lose cannon, and there is no getting away from the fact that he will be a gamble at the Hawthorns.
 The Sherwood gamble will pay off
However so was Pepe Mel, and Albion are getting more negative comments surrounding Sherwood.
The man is a Premier League winner, has worked at one of the best sides in the division. He had his spats with Daniel Levy, and the only chairman like Levy in the league is Jeremy Peace.
And if Peace is ready to take the gamble on the former Blackburn midfielder then I think all the Albion fans should back him.
Sherwood won't have the superstars and the megabucks to spend at West Brom like he had at Spurs, but he showed his attacking by bringing goals to White Hart Lane.
That is what everyone wants at Albion, and I think it will bring success. We have already been linked with big name signings, and if this is true I think it will bring a bright future.
People can knock the Sherwood appointment but stats don't lie. The guy was a success at Spurs, and he had the highest win ratio out of any Spurs Premier League manager.
The only reason he was sacked was because of Levy's super sized ego.
I don't think Peace is the same, however if Sherwood does cross a line and publicly say something to upset the main man, he could be walking.
However I don't think Sherwood will. When Mel was sacked Tim was the last person I thought would come in because of his temperament. I respected him for that, but I don't think Peace would.
Despite this two meetings and probably more have been held with the ex league winner, and it looks like Peace has come to the conclusion that he is the man.
A gamble? Yes.
We he be loved at Albion? Yes
Can we be successful? I think so.
However in time we will see, but I hope he is appointed fast because I want my West Brom gilet on order! 

No comments:

Post a Comment